I was hunting through my yarn stash and found this lovely variegated skein. I was wanting to watch TV, so I needed to create something simple. I used one of my “go to” stitches, and by the time my show was over I had this beautiful scarf. Hope you like it. I’ve written down the instructions so you can make your own.
By Susan Smith
Size J (6.0 mm) Crochet Hook
1 Skein Red Heart Boutique Unforgettable Colorway – Parrot
Tapestry Needle (for weaving in ends)
Width – 7.5 inches
Length – The scarf pictured is 52 inches long. If you need yours to be longer, you will need to purchase an additional skein.
Stitches used: Ch-Chain and Dc-Double Crochet
Row 1: In the 4th chain from the hook, work dc, ch 1, dc in the same ch. *Skip two chains and work dc, ch 1, dc in the next ch*. Repeat from * to * until you reach the end of the row. Work 1 dc, ch 1, 1 dc in the last ch.
Row 2: Ch 3 and turn (counts as first dc). Work dc, ch 1, dc in each of the chain 1 spaces from the previous row (center of each “V”). At the end of the row, finish with a dc in the top of the turning chain 3.
Repeat row 2 until scarf is desired length.
Weave in ends and you’re all finished!
Is that crochet?
Here are the “do nots”:
- Do not resell the pattern, altered or in its original form.
- Do not copy and paste the pattern onto your own blog, in a Facebook group, or anywhere else. Simply link to this page instead. Anything beyond this is copyright theft. You are welcome to copy/paste it into a document for printing, for personal use only.
- Do not pull any of my photos from this site (or any of my other sites) to promote yourself or your crochet business on your own blog, Facebook page, or anywhere else. The exception to this is if you want to share my article link(s) on your own blog; in this case, you are welcome to take one photo per post for use on your site as long as it is accompanied by a direct link back to my post and does not include any portion of the pattern itself.
- Do not post a translation of the pattern anywhere – this is copyright theft. If you would like to help make a translation available, I am happy to publish it on my blog with a link to your blog or crochet-related Facebook page.
- Do not make a video tutorial of this pattern (or any of my patterns). For a detailed explanation of why this hurts designers, please contact me.